Cherries

Monday, April 27, 2015

Being Validated Feels Pretty Darn Good!

I've been writing this weekly blog since 1999, that's a long time! The reach is not far in terms of numbers of people, but it seems the actual number of people who read my Monday Motivator is not as important as the one person it impacts with light and joy. Last week I wrote about an unhappy mindset, someone who lives not allowing themselves to live in the good that surrounds them. I got an email from someone I've known since high school (a long time ago!) who is one of the relatively few people who read my blog, here is what he had to say and a brief exchange:

*Hi Kathy,
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing gems like this. I've been amazed at how dedicated and persistent you've been in sending out these weekly motivational messages and just how bright a star you really are. Your efforts to reach beyond your immediate circle, beyond family and close friends, to share warmth and inspiration to anyone who wishes to receive it, attest to your superb character.  
You deserve, at the very least, to know the impact you've had on this reader.
I'm very much a private person. I'm meditative and introspective. This works for me, but at times means I suffer from living too much in my own head. It can create a debilitating isolation at times. Your messages are therapy. They break through and allow me to break free.
Thanks

WOW! I'm not sure what to say, this email made my day. It's super crazy because I was thinking about you this week, just 3 days before getting this email. I was reminded of working for Lucky in RC and was sharing some stories of our time in Orangevale. It got me thinking and wondering how you are and what you look like. I know, what you look like? Yeah, I was wondering. I smiled and headed into class. 

I hope you are well and thank you again for writing to me, I will save this email and if it's okay, I may even post it (without your name, of course). Have a great weekend!
Big smiles! Kathy

*Big smiles back, Kathy. 
Of course you can use my email anyway you like. It's small reciprocation for all you've done. How I look, huh? Well, let's just say I haven't aged as well as you. Judging by your profile pic, you're as stunning as ever. I think it has as much to do with what shines from within as from your physicality. Let me add to my previous sentiments about what impresses me about you... I love the family life you've built and nurtured. Your writings convey just how much you, Dave, and Mason love and support each other, and it's so encouraging to see this kind of family bond, through the good and the not so good. I would say that you're lucky to have such a family, but I think you'd agree that you've created your own luck. 

Pretty cool, huh? I'm humbled and it makes me feel super, crazy good to hear this. To know I make a difference in someones life is pretty much what makes life worth living, wouldn't you say? Today reach out to someone who touches you like I've touched my friend. I guarantee you, it will make their day beyond their wildest dreams!

No comments: