Cherries

Monday, June 29, 2015

30 Year High School Reunion

Welcome to Summertime!
Indeed it is hot, hot, hot! We have been in the high 90s and this week we're looking at 100+ temps every day. I know some people are really suffering and not liking it, but I love it! I love to be outside when it's hot and I can be at the river, I love to be outside in the late evening when it is still toasty, but not hot...oh yes, I love this time of the year. Do you? 

This weekend was jam packed! We started the weekend off with Dave's birthday and friends who came into town for dinner. Dave and Mason headed to San Rafael early Saturday morning for a gaming tournament while I stayed home and prepared to go to Vacaville where my 30 year high school reunion was happening. I had no plans to go to the actual reunion but I had the pleasure of spending Saturday evening with eleven year old Victor from Italy. 

My girlfriend from high school is here with her son and he needed a date. We made pizza, played with Legos and all in all had a great night. On Sunday Dave and Mason went to the NASCAR race while Julie hosted a more informal reunion at her house. Dave dropped in on their way home from the race and Mason got to meet Victor and spend some time getting to know him. It was a busy weekend and to say we were all very tired come Sunday night would be a gross understatement. 

Today it's back to the grind of work, work, and work - you know, job, house, school, kids, swimming for Mason and getting ready for several cooking demos for Mason in July. He is cooking in Napa on July 4th and at the State Fair on the 14th and 21st. At our local July 4th Family Fun Festival, Mason will be receiving the Auburn Chamber of Commerce Community Service Award for his work on his school kitchen, Senator McClintock will be presenting the awards, pretty cool, huh?

Having taken a trip down memory lane this last weekend I realized that I'm really pleased with where I am as a woman and my family life. I have an awesome husband and son, great friends and I will never take that for granted. There was someone this weekend who really screwed me years ago and it bothered me to be in the same room with her, really bothered me. It bothered me because I don't want to have to be in the presence of people who do not have personal or professional ethics - as least so far as I know this to be true. Of course, we live our lives in the presence of those people, but for the most part we don't have personal experience with them. I think being able to revisit our high school days can be a really good thing if for nothing else, to be able to recognize that we're doing okay, and in my case, far better than expected. Happy Monday!


No comments: