Cherries

Monday, April 22, 2019

A Random Monday in April

I suppose it's not really a random Monday, it's Easter Monday. This was a red-letter Easter for me for a number of reasons. Mason did not color eggs or decorate cookies with me. It makes me a bit sad that he's more teenager than my little boy, but I get it. He chose to spend time with his friends playing video games and then went to a game day with his dad. They got home late on Saturday night and I had all the Easter baskets made and out. I figured if he was more teenager than a little boy, he knows the Easter Bunny doesn't really come in the night, so I took the pressure off myself to surprise him. With all of that said, I did hide eggs in the yard for him to find on Easter morning, but he had to do his chores first - pick up poop, put the dishes away, and take the garbage and recycling out. Hey, not a little boy anymore... LOL! As you can see, I tailored the prizes in the eggs for a teenager, he enjoyed it and that made me happy. Dave did his traditional epic Easter dinner, rack of lamb (that only he eats), ham, deviled eggs, scalloped potatoes, and peas. Yeah, it was g-o-o-d.

Dave is enjoying retirement and we are starting to get on the other side of the financial challenges, mostly. I have to chuckle because we were expecting an IRS tax return and just learned that our refund has been approved, but not for what we thought, for $1400 less. DOH! Oh well, I've been told and I believe, if the only problems you have are money problems, you don't really have problems. This too shall pass.

The only other noteworthy thing going on that I can talk about is that my allergies have been raging! I know, I'm not alone, but dang, they have been so bad, actually debilitating to some degree. I hope you live somewhere that you do not suffer from seasonal allergies and if you do, God bless you!


No comments: