Cherries

Monday, April 1, 2019

Are Dreams Really Just Dreams?


Several nights this week I've dreamed about me in my dream life/career... on the 29th, I dreamed that my dreams came true, my dreams for me. A few nights later the same kind of dream, I’m traveling, Dave and Mason are with me and I’m a kind of happy that is elation, smiling, laughing, holding Dave’s hand as we move through airports and luxury hotel lobbies. I’m doing my job and getting paid, and we are sightseeing and enjoying life to a degree that I’ve only ever dreamed about. Is this a reminder that I should not let them go? And then this memory from a few years ago shows up on my Facebook feed. Am I just preoccupied with what is not, or am I needing to focus more on me and my dreams? I don't pursue it more fiercely because I don't all the way believe in myself as an authority or think what I have to share is original or unique enough. Hmm, the never ending fight in my head that says, "Do it! Why not you?" and the other voice that says, "Sit down, you've got nothing new or interesting.” What s the dream job? Motivational Speaker and common sense “advice" giver who performs to audiences of thousands. See! Even writing the word "advice" made me think I should find another word because why would my advice be valuable? And the Why Not Me part thinks, "But people call you almost every day to ask what they should or should not do.” I’ll have to think about this and ponder my courage to do what I really long to do. I really do, in my heart of hearts believe that I could live my dream, provide for my family, and live in that state of elation with Dave from this day forward. 

On another note, Mason, our friend Rachel, and I participated in our local fundraiser, The Trivia Bee. It was so much fun! Mason, Rachel and I rocked “The First Place Foodies.” This is an annual fundraiser for a local service club and this year the theme was “Grub and Grog” and being food themed us Partaks were invited to participate on behalf of Old Town Pizza here in Auburn owned by our good family friends. They paid the fees for our team to participate and I’m so grateful they did. 
We were in first place up until the last question (17 pts) at which point all the teams were given an opportunity to make a bet on their points. We were forced to bet everything and we did not know the answer to the last question so we ended with a zero. Wah-Wah! Thank you Old Town Pizza and Reese for inviting us to be your team. Seriously, it was so much fun! 

No comments: