Cherries

Monday, July 29, 2019

Goodbye July!

This was a busy week and I can't believe that July is already over. We had fun at the State Fair, spent lots of time on the boat, I taught a kids summer acting camp, and  I managed to squeeze work in as well. Now we are moving nicely into August. I'm super excited because later this week we are on the road to Costa Mesa where Mason will cook at the OC Fair and this year, not only is Dave going with us, but we have time scheduled in to spend some time with Michael J and Sari.

We will travel south on Friday and meet Michael and Sari for lunch at Real Food Daily. I can't wait for Dave and Mason to taste vegan food that tastes amazing. After lunch, we will head to Costa Mesa and check in to the hotel. Saturday Mason is scheduled to cook and Michael, Sari and Sari's parents are coming to see Mason perform and spend some time with us at the Fair. Sunday night, Michael and Sari will come back down to Costa Mesa and on Monday, Mason and Michael are going surfing together. I am tickled that the two of them will be spending some time together, just the two of them. I know that this is really weird for Mason so the two of them having opportunities to talk and get to know each other I think will help ease the odd feelings. I'll let you know how it all goes next week.

School starts for Mason on the 13th of August and I'm glad to get back to a routine, but I am not ready for summer to be over. I need more time on the lake and boat, I want more sunshine, and I love the long days and warm nights. I've not slept outside as much this summer, and Dave and I have not gotten around to finishing the deck (we need to stain/seal it) so that means we have not set it back up. We got Mason a new bed so the trundle bed is out there but it's not a real living space. Maybe that will be a project I can do while Dave and Mason are at their game conference on Labor Day weekend. We'll see. Until next week, happy Monday!

No comments: