Cherries

Monday, July 27, 2020

A Love Hate Relationship With My Hair

I’ve had a love/hate relationship With my hair my entire life. Having naturally curly hair means you never know what it’s going do from one minute to the next. I’ve had days where my curls were absolute perfection, so much so that I called Monica my photographer friend to take pictures of me because my hair looked so good. Sadly, I’ve had more days that I grabbed a ball cap and didn’t even try. 

Here we are today and after switching from my very expensive salon shampoo and conditioner to a far less expensive, but in my opinion higher quality product, I have more “call Monica” days and fewer ball cap days. And the product I’m using now is less than 25% of the cost of the expensive product.



This note about my hair and shampoo on the heels of getting in bed last night after 3 am. I slept in the bed on the back deck taking in the starry night sky. It’s been a week, really a tough week. I persevered and with help, I got the cabinets and countertops finished. I need to adjust a few doors, and I need some additional hardware, but they are refaced, sealed, and in place. That early morning, I took a shower and slathered on some Sesame body oil, and fell asleep outside. It was already a new day so I saluted a sunrise that was just a few hours away. Thank you Jen Thilmony and Mason for helping me over one finish line.

No comments: