Cherries

Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to the Routine!

The Partak family has landed! What a whirlwind couple of weeks it has been. We got home from Poobah on Sunday afternoon, and turned right around and left for Monterey on Monday morning.

Monterey was fun and especially enjoyable since the majority of the cost was on the Army. Dave had to be there for work so Mason and I tagged along. I took Mason to Dennis the Menace Park where he played for hours, we went out for lunch, and of course, went to the beach. The weather was nice but in light of the go-go-go schedule, Dave and I both ended up sick. We managed to make the best of it with lots of Dayquil, Nyquil, Sudaphed, and Kleenex!

We made our way home Friday and for Mason and I it was time to slow down. Other than a quick trip to the grocery store, Mason and I stayed home. We played in the sprinklers, made chalk drawings on the sidewalk, and barbequed hamburgers for lunch. Dave, on the other hand, was still on the go. He had a game tournament all day Saturday, and Sunday was the big race at Infineon Raceway. Dave met Keith at the Race and the two of them managed to wrangle and encounter with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Pretty cool, huh? What about you, what did you do this weekend? Do you have any plans for vacation this summer?

Today, it’s back to work. I have a list a mile long, but it’s comforting to be back in a routine. Mason at school, Dave at work, and me taking care of the stuff that keeps it all on track. With that, my little thought for today is this quote; it sums up all of my days perfectly!

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." - John Burroughs

No comments: