Cherries

Monday, June 9, 2008

Grandpa's First S'more!

No kidding! Saturday night we learned that Dave's dad had never had a s'more, actually he had never even heard of them!

As you're guessing, we couldn't let this opportunity pass us by. We did the usual family stuff during the day and Dave prepared another awesome meal for dinner. After dinner, we gathered around the fireplace to make s'mores when grandpa asked, "We're making a what?" Once we all got over our surprise, Dave and Mason got right to work perfectly toasting marshmallows, while I set up the crackers with chocolate. 'When grandpa gave us the thumbs up, I commented that he could die in peace now that he'd had a s'more. As the words crossed my lips, I caught myself and laughed out loud saying, "No, no, how wonderful to be at your age and to learn there are s'mores you've yet to eat!" Yes, that is wonderful indeed, there is still so much to look forward to if you will just keep your mind and eyes open.

So this weekend was just another day in paradise. We did some work around the house, Mason got to sleep over with a friend and that meant Dave and I got to go out for dinner and dancing! The date might seem like the high point, but the even better part is, we didn't have to pay a babysitter! Whoo-hoo! Next weekend is The Grand Poobah, so we have lots to do to get ready. We'll see you next week, and remember, keep your mind and your eyes open. You might be surprised what you have never had!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

BunBun said...

It's hard to believe someone has not had a s'more. I hope Grandpa enjoyed it. I couldn't help but think that he might be saying, where has this been all my life?!? Enjoy!