Cherries

Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy June!






  • I went to the Sex and the City matinee.
  • We ate cherries from our tree.
  • We all took Riley to the Splash Dogs benefit (he never did jump off the dock!).
  • We all went out to dinner for pizza – ran into a friend of Mason’s from preschool and had dinner with his parents.
  • Mason got to play with Taylor and stay up until 10:30, and Dave and I snuck away to go have a couple of drinks.
  • We all went to the farmer’s market.
  • All of us went to the local Chili Cook-off at the park.
  • Mason got lots of playground time and got and an introductory gymnastics lesson.
  • A movie for Mason and a siesta for me.
  • Dave outdid himself making a dinner of shrimp shish ka-bobs, grilled asparagus, and a whipped cream, berry parfait!
  • Cris and Taylor joined us for dinner out on the front deck.
  • After dinner we moved to the backyard where we sat around the fire and made s’mores.
  • Mason and Taylor played in the hot tub. With no adults relaxing, jumping, laughing, and splashing were completely allowed!
  • Dave, Mason and I camped outside on the deck in the backyard. With the big oak tree acting like an umbrella, we joked that we were sleeping under the “star,” since we could only see one through the trees leaves.
  • I made cinnamon waffles, thick-cut bacon, and coffee for Sunday morning breakfast.
  • Dave and Mason went to see Indiana Jones.
  • I took Mason to the local pool that has a mini water park for the little ones.
  • I went to play with the horse.
  • We all enjoyed another superb “Dinner A-La-Dave” on the front deck.
  • And, my sweet peas that I planted last year and I thought were dead, are in full bloom!

I have to say that I feel so blessed and lucky to have this life; I’m happily married, I have a healthy family, a beautiful home, and such wonderful people everywhere I look! I know some of you are sick with the sap, but as truly authentic as I’ve ever been, I’m over-flowing with gratitude. What about you? Did you do anything fun this weekend? Do tell!


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."~ Melody Beattie ~

3 comments:

Kara Plank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara Plank said...

I live by the phone and the computer for word from Andy...lol. No, I did go to a fun church picnic, and a motivating Leadership seminar, and the best part is- I GOT TO TAKE NAPS!!!

BunBun said...

I love summer and I'm happy it's June.