Cherries

Monday, September 15, 2008

Going Back a Spell

It seems like eons ago but Dave, Mason, and I went to the state fair last month. I can't remember if I wrote about it or not, but since I still have a week or so of "may not be able to remember things," I'll just go with it and share.

The theme at the fair was Hollywood. They had some really great displays from so many of our favorite movies. Mason thought the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park were awesome, and I was tickled to be able to see the Delorean from Back to the Future, my favorite movie of all time! I can recite that movie word for word, line for line, scene for scene. Love it!

There was so much more but as usual, the best story of the fair came during a Kodak moment. The last few years Mason was timid around Poppy, the state fair mascot. He would say he wanted to go up and take a picture, but when it was his turn, he would get shy and not go. This year was quite the contrary. Check out the picture of Mason "grabbing hold" of his photo op with Poppy. Uh, yeah, a little too close for comfort. Poppy was looking to me to save him from my clutching son! Dave and I are still laughing. It'll be even funnier in ten years! Stay tuned.

I'm feeling better but at 41, I don't recover as quickly as I used to. My hand is really sore but hopefully everyday will be better and less painful.

One piece of exciting news is that we are supposed to have our actual prototype for our gloves today. Yes, to-day! Next week I'll have even more big news, so until then, make today a great day. How does that great quote go? "It's not how many times life knocks you down, it's how many times you get back up." Something like that, smiling!

No comments: