Cherries

Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all!


Happy Fall Y'all!

Yes, today is the first day of the fall season and my favorite time of year. It seems that if the law of attraction states that like attracts like and everything we draw to us starts with how we feel, then it stands to reason that most of my successes happen in the fourth quarter of the year. The smells in the air, the changing colors of nature, the early nightfall, and the holidays all make it such a natural time to feel good. When I think about it, the list of momentous times in my life are this time of year. Dave and I started dating in the fall of 2001, we married in the fall of 2002, Mason was born in the fall of 2003, and the list could just keep going. I love the feeling of heavier blankets on the bed and a night chill that makes snuggling up seem like the natural thing to do. Suffice it to say, I love this time of year.

Last week was notable for one more little piece of my vision manifesting into reality. As I move ahead in the development of our glove project, I've been looking for ways to establish relationships with people who can help me promote them. I browse the web sites of national television shows and write in when it seems like I might fit in. About six weeks ago (or less), the producers from the Rachael Ray show in New York called me. They had me send in a tape and not long after, they called to invite me to come tape a show. I went to NY last Tuesday, taped Wednesday morning/afternoon and was on a plane back home Wednesday evening. I don't know when the episode will air but they did say they would send me an e-mail at least a week before so I can let everyone know (I promise, I'll send out a blast even if it's not Monday). The topic has nothing to do with the glove project, but I did what I set out to do; I met and established relationships with the right people who I can pitch my mompreneur show idea to when my gloves are ready to sell. The best part was flying first class (my first time ever) and actually seeing my dreams coming to life. It really is about intention, and even though it doesn't appear to work every time, I absolutely believe it works exactly the way it's suppose to every time.

I'm feeling better but let me tell you, this finger surgery has been the most painful experience of my life! I kid you not, four knee surgeries, a c-section with back burn, and any other trauma I've had in my life don't compare to this kind of intense pain. My recovery has been slower than I'd hoped but I'm still counting my blessings everyday that I wasn't injured more seriously. With that, have a great week, welcome this wonderful season, and make a plan to do something you love this week. See today's motivaotr to help set you on the right path!

Kathy

www.intentionalwinning.blogspot.com/ blog updated 3x weekly

Where You Will Soon Be

A small effort now can make a big difference later. You can dramatically increase the effectiveness of your actions simply by taking them sooner.


As you go through the moments of this day, you are creating many of the circumstances in which you will live tomorrow. A few small, positive actions right now can bring great value as you move forward.


You cannot change where you already are. Yet you can have a significant and dramatic effect on where you will soon be.


Live this moment with joy, with purpose and with passion. And use this moment to inject into your life and your world the kind of substance and value that can last a lifetime.


You cannot instantly change your circumstances. You can, however, instantly change the direction in which you're headed.


Point yourself firmly and resolutely in the direction of your dreams. For where you choose right now to go, is where you will soon be.

Reprinted with permission from The Daily Motivator -- Ralph Marston

1 comment:

Kara Plank said...

WOW! So exciting! You go girl!