Cherries

Monday, July 16, 2012

California is on Fire!

It's summertime and California is on fire! I know it happens every year, but it's never easy to watch families go through the loss of their homes and life as they know it. Heck, Colorado and Utah are experiencing much of the same.
 
Dave has been away for training and Mason and I have been making the most of our time together. We've camped out on the deck, made ice cream, had a dinner or two out, been to the river, and watched a number of movies. Tonight is the night Mason has been waiting for, football training starts. He is so excited, but between you and me, I'm not sure he has what it takes to play football. I think he likes the idea of the game more than he may actually like suiting up and taking the hits! We'll see. This morning as he was dressing and getting ready to go to Boys and Girls Club, he asked me, "Mom, do you try to not be stylish?" Ouch! I suppose since I don't wear black skinny jeans, and paint my Mohawk gold (oh yeah, I don't have a Mohawk either!), I'm not stylish in the eyes of my eight year old son. I suppose it's the way it goes, but hey, do I really look that bad?! I guess the more important question is, do I care? Not so much. 
 
I hope you are having a great week and making the most of the long days of summer. I have two more weeks of school and then a little down time. Mason and I leave for our vacation on August 14 and when we get home on the 20th, it will be right back to school for both of us! Happy Monday!

No comments: