Cherries

Monday, July 23, 2012

Last Week of Summer School!

This is my last week of school! I have been consumed by these two classes this summer and just when I started visualizing some down time, I received a letter from the IRS advising me that I need to pull my records together for an audit. This sucks, but the good news is that I have great records for 2010 and a super guy representing me to the IRS. I initially freaked out but like I do, I settled in to get the work done and know it will be what it will be. Frankly, the work is tedious but having to go back through the ZipperBack journey is bittersweet. I had just reached a place of content resolution and this just brings back the sadness of the loss (I try not to think of it as a failure - but it is). As I sigh, exhausted sorting through paper I can hear my granny in my ear, "Ah Kahty, Kahty...this too shall pass."
This was, hands down Mason's favorite ride!

Even though school has been challenging, Mason and I have been having lots of little summertime adventures. We went to the state fair with Katey (my statistics angel!) and her two boys and had a great time. This is the first year Mason was able to ride all the rides, the weather was perfect and there were no crowds. We've been swimming at both the pool and the river, we've painted rocks, made a little money, camped out on the front deck, danced on the back deck under the colored lights, enjoyed a few campfires in the backyard, and so much more. This weekend we will be in Alameda for the Park Street Art and Wine Fair and Mason is totally excited to go to the beach and swim. I'm looking forward to having lunch on Friday with Tim (Mason and I are making a side trip into San Francisco - China Town!) and spending the weekend with David, Lisa, Al and the rest of the Alameda crew! After all, on Thursday I can officially shout, School's Out For Summer!
 
My favorite part of the fair is watching the midway lights come on.
Have a great week and enjoy these long days as it won't be long and the savory smells of fall and changing weather will be knocking at our doors. Lots of love!

No comments: